Antitrust and Fair Trade
Using in-depth knowledge of Brazilian anti-trust, fair trade, and competition rules and regulations, our highly-qualified lawyers can readily assist in obtaining approvals from Brazilian competition authorities, defend our clients’ interests in case of investigations, and negotiate with the antitrust authority on leniency agreements or ‘cease-and-desist’ commitments.
What We Do
- Notify the antitrust authorities of acts of collusion;
- Advise and structure corporate transactions and assess commercial practices and contracts to minimize infringement of competition laws and regulations;
- Negotiate and review performance commitments signed for purposes of structural control;
- Represent clients in administrative inquiries and proceedings related to anticompetitive conduct and negotiate leniency agreements or cease-and-desist commitments with Administrative Council for;
- Represent the clients in administrative procedures before the Brazilian Antitrust Authority (CADE);
- Represent clients in competition-related legal proceedings, including prevention and/or remediation of damages and annulment of CADE decisions;
- Conduct legal audits to investigate and assess contingencies in M&A and capital market transactions.
- Representation of a pharmaceutical Swiss company active in the sale of dermatological, cosmetic and personal care products in requesting the prior approval by the Brazilian Antitrust Authorities (CADE) of a worldwide acquisition of assets owned by an international group of companies in the cosmetics and beauty industry;
- Representation of an IT company that provides services and products for data centers, safe rooms, control rooms and other information technology infrastructure in Brazil and other countries in Latin America in requesting the prior approval by the Brazilian Antitrust Authorities (CADE) in its acquisition by an international investment fund;
- Representation of a leading coffee company in requesting the prior approval by the Brazilian Antitrust Authorities (CADE) in a transaction for the acquisition of assets and trademarks of such leading Brazilian coffee company;
- Representation of a leading company in the sector relating to the production of lamps, LED and other illumination solutions in requesting the prior approval by the Brazilian Antitrust Authorities (CADE);
- Representation of clients of a packaging sector in a cartel investigation proceeding.
Análise Advocacia 500 - 2018
MNA was considered as one of the most admired offices in Brazil by the magazine/ranking “Análise 500 – 2018” in the following categories: Specialty – Arbitration / Fair Trade / Corporate / Tax; Economic Sectors – Food and Beverages/ Transportation and Logistics; Admired in which state – São Paulo. In addition, we congratulate our partner for being selected as most admired lawyer in the following categories: Specialty – Fair Trade (J. A. Miguel Neto); Economic Sectors – Food and Beverages (J. A. Miguel Neto); Admired in which state – São Paulo (J. A. Miguel Neto).