Our firm’s highly-qualified corporate lawyers and other professionals consistently find the most efficient ways to reach our clients’ intended objectives always in the most practical and cost-effective manner, relying on our vast knowledge and expertise in the corporate field to identify and take on any risks involved in such transactions.
Our corporate practice group services all kinds of entities, from start-ups to large corporations and multinational groups, and implements all necessary procedures to ensure prompt, practical and cost-effective solutions for all kinds of corporate transactions including incorporation, restructuring, and reorganization of various entities. Indeed, we have a long-term partnership with our clients on the day-to-day corporate work from a diversified range of sectors of industry, trade and services businesses.
What We Do
- Formulating the best corporate structure for our client’s overall and specific objectives, and providing legal support on all phases of running and operating a company from a legal standpoint;
- Assisting in pre-incorporation and drafting of articles of incorporation/bylaws for the selected structure; registering corporate documents with the competent state commercial registry, Brazil’s federal tax authority (CNPJ/MF), São Paulo’s municipal government (CCM), and the state treasury (IE), as applicable;
- Drafting specific guidelines for holding general meetings for shareholders, directors and officers; drafting and updating related corporate documentation, including drafting ordinary and extraordinary meeting minutes for shareholders and the board of directors, amendments to articles of incorporation, etc;
- Drafting corporate documents for liquidating and winding up companies, and advising and assisting in de-registering procedures;
- Representing clients, whether individuals and/or legal entities in their capacity as partners and/or shareholders of Brazilian companies;
- Conducting due diligence investigations and auditing company documents and other legal information of buyer and/or seller, as the case may be, and assessing potential legal risks and other relevant findings;
- Devising investment structures for local or international investment funds;
- Drafting and negotiating investment agreements, shareholders agreements and related documents;
- Drafting and negotiating financing agreements;
- Monitoring and controlling investments while actively participating in the invested company’s growth process.
Análise Advocacia 500 - 2018
MNA was considered as one of the most admired offices in Brazil by the magazine/ranking “Análise 500 – 2018” in the following categories: Specialty – Arbitration / Fair Trade / Corporate / Tax; Economic Sectors – Food and Beverages/ Transportation and Logistics; Admired in which state – São Paulo. In addition, we congratulate our partner for being selected as most admired lawyer in the following categories: Specialty – Fair Trade (J. A. Miguel Neto); Economic Sectors – Food and Beverages (J. A. Miguel Neto); Admired in which state – São Paulo (J. A. Miguel Neto).
ATUALIZAÇÃO DO REGISTRO DE INVESTIMENTO DIRETO – CAPITAL ESTRANGEIRO NO PAÍS – BANCO CENTRAL DO BRASIL
PRORROGAÇÃO DO PRAZO PARA COMUNICAÇÃO DO BENEFICIÁRIO FINAL DAS SOCIEDADES NACIONAIS E ESTRANGEIRAS – RECEITA FEDERAL DO BRASIL
BRAZILIAN ASSETS IN FOREIGN JURISDICTIONS: SPECIAL CURRENCY AND TAX RECTIFICATION ARRANGEMENT (RERCT) – NEW DEADLINE TO SUBMIT DECLARATIONS
OAS SHOULD ASK FOR LEGAL RECOVERY, AND PURCHASE OF ARENA BY GRÊMIO TURNS INTO AN UNEXPECTED BUSINESS
AIJA - Warsaw
Between May 23rd and 26th, the Half Year Conference of the AIJA (International Association of Young Lawyers) was held in Warsaw, Poland with the theme “Corporate governance – current trends and development” organized with the support of the Partnership and M&A Committee.
We had the participation of member of the MNA partnership department, Bruno Guarnieri, in his last year in the Executive Committee of the Association, but who will also attend the event as vice president of the International Business Law committee.
IBA 2017 - Austrália
The 2017 International Bar Association (IBA) Annual Conference took place in Sydney, the largest city in Australia. As one of the most multicultural and connected cities in the world, Sydney was the ideal location for the largest and most prestigious event for international lawyers, providing plenty of business and networking opportunities.
In this event we had the participation of our founding partner, J. A. Miguel Neto.
AIJA 2016 - Munich
One of the speakers was MNA Tax partner José Mauricio Abreu, who delivered a presentation on international tax transparency.