Financial Transactions and Registered Investments
We advise our local and international clients (from start-ups to large corporations and multinational groups) from all and different sectors of industry, trade and services business on all aspects of banking transactions with Brazilian financial institutions on their direct foreign investments and other financial transactions including all types of loans, financing, refinancing, leasing, rescheduling of debts, guarantees and collateral, imports and exports, revision of contracts, and other related matters.
Our top-notch finance team has extensive expertise in dealing with all regulatory aspects imposed by Brazil’s Central Bank (BACEN) and the Monetary Council (CMN) relating to currency exchange, overseeing direct foreign capital investments into Brazil (inbound transactions), Brazilians investing in other jurisdictions (outbound transactions), and all types of administrative defenses in proceedings involving these agencies.
What We Do
- Advise on and assist in the drafting and negotiation of all finance-related documentation, registrations and contracts;
- Advise on structuring of guarantees/collateral to secure finance or funding: sureties, deposits, fiduciary transfer, etc;
- Advise on and assist in currency exchange transactions (documentation, registrations, etc.) and negotiate with brokers or currency desks;
- Advise on and assist in registering transactions with the Brazilian Central Bank Data System (SISBACEN) for direct foreign investments into Brazil and/or register financial transactions (local acronyms RDE-IED and RDE-ROF, respectively);
- Advise on and assist in compiling the Annual Statement of Brazilian Capital Abroad and Annual Census of Foreign Capital in Brazil (local acronyms DCBE and CENSO, respectively) required by BACEN;
- Advise on and prepare administrative defenses to submit to BACEN and the National Financial System’s Appeal Board.