Labor and Employment
Our labor practice group provides a wide range of legal services, including labor and employment-related issues in mergers and acquisitions, spin-offs, disciplinary actions, organizational changes, collective bargaining, labor and employment regulations and policies, employment contracts and work rules, employment discrimination, whistleblower actions, all types of settlements, and compensation and benefits including advice regarding pensions, safety and health issues, and current market practices. In addition to providing such legal services, our labor practice group also advises in the development and review of policies and incentive programs to enhance the management and employment goals of each of our clients and to create a positive environment to maximize the productivity of their respective labor forces.
Our highly-qualified attorneys in our labor practice group focus on providing our clients with practical and to-the-point legal advice based on extensive knowledge and experience related to a broad range of labor and employment issues. We also utilize the expertise of specialists within and outside of our practice group, providing a multi-disciplined approach resulting in fast and practical solutions for our clients and their businesses. Our professionals are uniquely positioned to provide clients with the most effective representation on all aspects of human resources and industrial relations.
What We Do
- Advise and assist on all phases of litigation involving labor and employment issues;
- Conduct preventive business planning for compliance with labor standards;
- Assess labor-related risks and devise contingency plans for industrial mergers and acquisitions;
- Negotiate with labor unions, Brazil’s Ministry of Labor and Employment and with its regional offices and public prosecutors;
- Advise on labor relations, social security and workplace environmental regulations;
- Advise on profit-sharing and stock options;
- Advise on plans for granting global and statutory employee benefits and bonuses;
- Conduct legal audits and due diligence investigations to detect compliance violations and increase cost-efficiency.