Reorganization and Bankruptcy
Our Reorganization and Bankruptcy practice group represents our clients in both transactional and litigation matters relating to debt and corporate restructurings and reorganizations, bankruptcy, liquidation, and debt rehabilitation, among others. With unmatched problem solving and strategic thinking, we are creative, prompt and decisive in helping our clients in tough situations to assist them in all aspects of restructuring and bankruptcy related matters.
We adopt an inter-disciplinary approach and work closely with our litigation, finance, tax, mergers and acquisitions, labor, real estate, civil law and other practice groups in a coordinated and efficient effort to cover all of our clients’ needs. As such, our practice group represents lenders, investors, and debtors; lessors and lessees; secured and unsecured creditors; and domestic and foreign investors, private equity funds and investment banks looking to benefit from any insolvencies and/or restructurings.
What We Do
- Advise on complex restructuring, negotiation, and implementation of debts;
- Undertake corporate restructuring for a single company or a group of companies that are under insolvency proceedings;
- Represent creditors or a group of creditors in recovery proceedings under judicial or extrajudicial reorganization or insolvency proceedings;
- Conduct assessment of risks and full due diligence investigation in the acquisition or sale of assets or equity of companies under judicial or extra-judicial reorganization or insolvency proceedings;
- Assist in the financing of acquisition of assets or equity of companies under financial distress, including renegotiation of bank loans or structuring of alternative forms of financing;
- Assist in all court-related proceedings and/or litigation relating to any reorganization or insolvency proceedings.