Wealth Management and Estate Planning
Given our extensive experience on wealth management, family and estate planning, our firm can provide the best structure to protect and organize the assets of a broad range of clients, including those with inherited wealth, owners of closely-held businesses and international clients, taking into account specific situations as well as the market as a whole.
We advise clients in all aspects of estate planning, including transfers of assets, multi-generational succession planning, complex estate-related litigation, administration of private foundations and public charities, charitable giving, among other areas. As a full-service law firm, we adopt an inter-disciplinary approach and work closely with our tax, corporate, litigation, labor, civil law and other practice groups as well as outside investment advisors, insurance planners and accountants to ensure a coordinated and efficient approach to cover all of our clients’ needs.
What We Do
- Analyze our clients’ real estate and/or other assets to plan the best wealth protection strategy and mitigate risks;
- Design privately-owned investment funds structured to perform tax-efficient wealth planning;
- Advise on structuring of holding companies and facilitate estate planning by including real estate and/or other assets as part of the capital stock of certain entities;
- Assist in the payment of both the Real Estate Transfer Tax (ITBI) and the Inheritance and Donation Tax (ITCMD), or apply for exemption thereof, as the case may be;
- Assist with the registration of corporate documents with property deed registrars and subsequent updating of property deeds;
- Draft donation agreements for holding companies and reviewing potential legal restrictions and conditions for usufruct.