- Bachelor of Laws, Universidade Paulista, São Paulo, 2000
- Specialization in Administrative Procedures of Brazilian Central Bank and Foreign Investments from the Swiss Chamber
- Specialization in New Rules of Central Bank (on Foreign Capital) from Arthur Andersen
- Specialization in Real Estate Law from Escola Superior de Advocacia (ESA)
- Specialization in Real Estate Procedures in accordance with N.C.C of FMU
- Specialization in Real Estate Law under Civil Laws of OAB
- Order of Brazilian Attorneys (OAB)— São Paulo, admitted in 2001
- Law Firm of Miguel Neto Advogados, 1998-Present
- Real Estate and Construction
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Financial Transactions and Registered Investments
- Banking, Securities and Finance
- Private Equity
- Capital Markets
Mr. Andrade has over 20 years of extensive expertise in domestic and cross-border M&A, real estate, and wealth management, having advised individuals to multinational companies in a wide range of transactions of all kinds and sizes.
In relation to corporate and M&A transactions, he has acted on behalf of a diverse group of clients in foreign direct investments, mergers and acquisitions, banking and finance, private equity, corporate restructuring, venture capital and day-to-day corporate matters in various sectors and industries including, infrastructure (welding, engineering and construction), pharmaceuticals and cosmetics, foods and beverages, and IT, among others.
In addition, Mr. Andrade heads the Real Estate practice at MNA, leading a group of highly-qualified attorneys in various matters relating to real estate transactions including due diligence investigations, purchase and sale commitments and/or contracts, leases (commercial and residential), built-to-suit contracts, exchanges, fiduciary transfers, subdivisions and other related transactions, as well as negotiating all commercial and contractual terms of such transactions. He has advised many local and foreign individuals and legal entities with the purchase and/or sale of residential, non-residential and rural real estate properties, commercial buildings, shopping malls, distribution centers, factories, and condominiums, among others.
Moreover, Mr. Andrade co-leads the firm’s Wealth Management and Estate Planning practice and regularly advises our clients in all aspects of estate planning, including transfers of assets, multi-generational succession planning, complex estate-related litigation, charitable giving, administration of private foundations, among other areas.
He holds the distinction of being the longest non-founding partner at MNA, having spent his entire 20-year legal career at the firm.
ATUALIZAÇÃO DO REGISTRO DE INVESTIMENTO DIRETO – CAPITAL ESTRANGEIRO NO PAÍS – BANCO CENTRAL DO BRASIL
PRORROGAÇÃO DO PRAZO PARA COMUNICAÇÃO DO BENEFICIÁRIO FINAL DAS SOCIEDADES NACIONAIS E ESTRANGEIRAS – RECEITA FEDERAL DO BRASIL
BRAZILIAN ASSETS IN FOREIGN JURISDICTIONS: SPECIAL CURRENCY AND TAX RECTIFICATION ARRANGEMENT (RERCT) – NEW DEADLINE TO SUBMIT DECLARATIONS
On September 24, the 2015 M&A and Private Equity Forum discussed the current state of this sector of business in Brazil.
MNA’s founding partner J.A.Miguel Neto was on the panel discussing “M&A in Brazil: the road to recovery.”