Areas of Practice
- Specialization in Corporate Law – GVLaw, 2008
- Graduated in Accounting – USP, 2004
- Bachelor of Laws – Universidade São Francisco, 1997
- ITC Summer Course in Brazil (Leiden), 2018
- Pursuit: Creating Opportunities and Winning Work – BrandonHall / PwC, 2015
- Fiscal Impacts of Law No. 12.973/2014 – FIPECAFI, 2015
- PwC’s Global Leadership Development Program (Competitive Advantage – INSEAD, Action Learning, The Leadership Circle Profile, Harvard Business Review Studies, 360th Feedback, MBTI Diagnostic, The Whole Leader Model, Peer Feedback) – PwC (Genesis Park, Toronto), 2012
- How to understand corporate taxes in Brazil – AMCHAM, 2014
- Corporate Restructuring, Advanced Accounting, Transfer Pricing, Contracts – PwC (prior to 2012)
- Partner of the Tax area, Miguel Neto Advogados – 2018-present
- Tax Consulting Partner, Rolim, Viotti & Leite Campos Advogados – 2016 – 2018
- Tax Partner of the Department of Middle Market, PwC (SP) – 1998- 2016
- Brazilian Bar Association (OAB), 1998
- Regional Accounting Council (CRC), 2005
- Tax Consulting
- Patrimonial management and national and international succession planning
- M&A and corporate reorganizations
- Tax Audit and Tax Litigation
João Eduardo Cipriano has had an upward career in the tax area of PwC and in a law firm – Rolim, Viotti & Leite Campos Advogados, having, in the last 5 years, been a partner of the tax area, leading relevant projects to companies in the industrial, retail and services sectors, managing teams of up to 35 professionals (managers and lawyers). Throughout his career, working with medium/large companies, he was responsible for the structuring of the departments in which he worked and had as a highlight in his career the intensive support in the training of almost 100 professionals.
João has in-depth knowledge of the tax legislation and the accounting aspects applicable to the business area, combining solid academic training and extensive professional experience gained in advising companies from different segments. Its performance is highlighted by the formulation of several judicial opinions and restructuring involving aspects of business law, as well as in the provision of federal oversight and in the preparation of administrative defenses.
Throughout his career, he has coordinated several studies to review tax issues that permeate the corporate environment, such as transfer prices, remittances abroad, goodwill, operating income, tax benefits, tax substitution, non-cumulativity, among others.
In his work, we highlight the solid knowledge of the structure of balance sheets and accounting principles.
João Eduardo Cipriano is a specialist in Corporate Law at Fundação Getúlio Vargas (GVLaw) and holds a degree in Accounting from the University of São Paulo (USP).