J. A. Miguel Neto
- Specialization in Arbitration – Lawyers Association of São Paulo
- Specialization in International Law – Parker School of Foreign and Comparative Law, Columbia Law School, New York
- Specialization in Applied Jurisprudence in Tax Planning – Coopers & Lybrand, São Paulo
- Specialization in Real Estate Proceeding according to N.C.C. – Faculdades Metropolitanas Unidas (FMU)
- Specialization in Tax Law – Parker School of Foreign and Comparative Law, Columbia Law School, New York, 1989
- Graduated in Law – Universidade de São Paulo (USP), 1986
- Miguel Neto Advogados, Founding Partner, 1990-Present
- Baker & Mackenzie Brasil, Associate Lawyer, 1989-1990
- Johnson & Johnson S/A, Tax Litigation Chief, 1986-1989
- Nestle S/A, Tax Lawyer, 1983-1986
- KSB Bombas Hidráulicas S/A, Lawyer, 1982-1983
- Former judge of the Court of Taxes and Duties at the Treasury Department of the State of São Paulo
- Brazilian Bar Association (OAB)—São Paulo, since 1986
- Portuguese Bar Association, since 2004
- International Bar Association (IBA), since 2002
- International Union of Avocats (UIA), since 2006
- Member of the Interlegal, since 2002
- Member of the Board of Directors of Banco Fibra S/A, since 2008
- Member of the Board of Directors of Embalagens Flexíveis Diadema S/A, since 2002
- Member of the Board of Directors of Blau Farmacêutica S/A
- Member of the Board of Directors of Besni
- Member of the Board of Directors of Baruel
- Member of the Board of Directors of Vicunha Têxtil S/A
- Member and former member for several companies’ administrative boards listed in the stock exchange
- Former president of Interlegal, 2012-2014
- Member of the Administrative Board of EUCATEX S.A., 2020
- Corporate Governance and Compliance
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Financial Transactions and Registered Investments
- Banking, Securities and Finance
- Wealth Management and Estate Planning
- Labor and Employment
- Private Equity
- Foreign Direct Investment
- Capital Market
MERGERS AND ACQUISITIONS
- Advised the founders of Brazil’s largest toy retail network in the sale of equity interest to one of the largest global private equity funds.
- Acted as legal advisor to a company specializing in data center infrastructure and maintenance in two separate equity sale transactions to two of the largest private equity funds in the world.
- Advised a number of technology companies, including medium and large-sized companies as well as start-ups in various sale and purchase transactions representing both the market consolidators as well as the selling parties.
- Advised several small- and medium-sized retail companies (mainly supermarkets) in investment transactions and sale of equity interest to strategic and financial investors
- Advised the leading multinational in the filtration, separation and purification sector in various business acquisitions in Brazil
- Advised the leading group in the Brazilian roasted and ground coffee market in all of its local acquisitions, which cemented its market leadership and strengthened its presence as a national powerhouse
- Advised in several sale and purchase transactions in the Brazilian auto parts market, acting for both the market consolidators and the selling groups.
- Acted as legal adviser to a foreign group considered as one of the global leaders in the flavors and fragrances market, with operations in more than 145 countries and with 34 manufacturing centers around the globe, in various acquisitions in Brazil.
- Advised a company which main business is the management of parking lots in the sale of its equity interest to a private equity fund.
CORPORATE GOVERNANCE AND COMPLIANCE
- Coordinated and implemented corporate governance in medium-sized entities from a diverse range of industrial, commercial and service sectors.
- Structured and implemented the compliance and training program for the Brazilian subsidiary of a Norwegian group specializing in the transportation and storage of chemicals, as well as the operation of private airport terminals.
- Implemented professional management and efficient corporate governance in family-owned businesses.
- Restructured and implemented corporate governance in several Brazilian family groups and structured estate planning for families preparing for business succession.
- Advised various Brazilian and foreign companies in the renegotiation of debts and liabilities with various national and foreign creditors.
MNA – Miguel Neto Advogados was recognized by the renowned international publication TTR – Transational Tranding Records for its performance in 2020. Highlighting the work of the corporate law team, led by the partners José Miguel Neto, Ronaldo Assumpção and Décio Andrade, the publication listed the firm in 13th in transactional values and the 15th in volume of deals, in the national ranking. Another achievement that demonstrates our dedication and daily commitment to the best results for our clients.
JOSÉ ANTONIO MIGUEL NETO AT BEST LAWYERS
José Antonio Miguel Neto, partner of Miguel Neto Advogados, was recognized by the international directory Best Lawyers in Brazil in its 2020 edition. We thank all of our partners and clients for this accomplishment.
Análise Advocacia 500 - 2018
MNA was considered as one of the most admired offices in Brazil by the magazine/ranking “Análise 500 – 2018” in the following categories: Specialty – Arbitration / Fair Trade / Corporate / Tax; Economic Sectors – Food and Beverages/ Transportation and Logistics; Admired in which state – São Paulo. In addition, we congratulate our partner for being selected as most admired lawyer in the following categories: Specialty – Fair Trade (J. A. Miguel Neto); Economic Sectors – Food and Beverages (J. A. Miguel Neto); Admired in which state – São Paulo (J. A. Miguel Neto).
- Professor of Law of Special Administrative Course, Universidade Presbiteriana Mackenzie, 1987-1996
- Visiting Professor, MBA course, Faculdade de Economia e Administração da FIA-USP, 1996-2000
PEC, NOVA CONSTITUINTE, ALTERAÇÃO DO CÓDIGO PENAL; ENTENDA AS PROPOSTAS PARA RETOMAR A PRISÃO APÓS 2ª INSTÂNCIA
SUPREMO TRIBUNAL FEDERAL CONCEDE LIMINAR PARA DECLARAR A CONSTITUCIONALIDADE DA TERCEIRIZAÇÃO DA ATIVIDADE-FIM DE EMPRESAS
OAS SHOULD ASK FOR LEGAL RECOVERY, AND PURCHASE OF ARENA BY GRÊMIO TURNS INTO AN UNEXPECTED BUSINESS
Interlegal - Inglaterra
The 2017 Congress of Interlegal took place in Leeds, England from November 1-5 and counted with the participation of our founding partner and former president of Interlegal J. A. Miguel Neto representing our office. During the 5 days Interlegal focused its lecture sessions on Brexit and its consequences on Europe and for the rest of the world.